Friday, September 25, 2009

Today was a day of ups and downs, its days like these that I agree with people that I am moody. Seriously though how could I not..my day was full of good times and hard time? My day started off with a phone call from a sweet lady at Bellevue College apologizing for the registration confusion yesterday (which was a COMPLETE disaster!) which was refreshing. I then went to a work meeting, which was like most of them...not very productive but yet something I try to make the most of. As I left the meeting I realized how lucky I was that it is still wonderful weather in Maple Valley, WA and I am able to have my sunroof down. (small miracle!) I then grabbed my paycheck and deposited it, noticing an extra $400 in my bank account. Feeling so excited about my great day, (after a few months of forcing myself to be happy...it seemed today was going my way!) I met up with Emily at the gym. After I felt so proud of myself because I was sore from boxing and didn't let that keep me from my daily work out plan. I came home and showered, and grabbed a yummy Peach Tea from Cutter's Point on my way to work. I felt so excited about my day and feeling happy effortlessly, it was so refreshing. Life has been so challenging and stressful lately that I wondered if I would ever be normal again, and today seemed to go that way. As I sat in my car before work I began to think about life, nursing school, Provo and my testimony. It is then when I began to lose my breath, and feel all my anxiety come rushing back. Tears began rolling down my face as I internally wrestled over my future and hesitated on my plan. I felt so scared, confused and let down. Why couldn't Heavenly Father make life choices so clear and easy to know right from wrong. I feel like one day I know I am making the right choice with Provo, and then today I had completely opposite feelings. Which feelings are right? What is the right choice? Where am I supposed to go from here? What should my next step be? When I pray I don't get answers, and I know Heavenly Father wants me to make the choice, but that is what scares me. What if I make the wrong one? I walked into work with mascara running and red eyed, and it went down hill from there. I cant wait for these big decisions to be over and be on my way to my goals in life. Its the first big step that I am so afraid of.

I realized when I got home from my day that I am need to remember the good times, and focus on everything positive in my life. I cant focus on the things I am afraid of, and things that bring me down. Life is too short to be unhappy for silly reasons.

Reasons to be happy:
iPhone has picture/video texting!
Sunny weather in Maple Valley
Wicked with my Mom is in less than 1 week :)
I have a relationship with God, and Jesus (and they will lift me through the hard times)
I know the friends I have now are real and care about Me and my best interests
I have supportive parents who want me to be happy, successful, and righteous
The hardest part of getting into Nursing school is over (Anatomy Phys)

There are so many more, I decided to write my top 5 down on a piece of paper and put it in my car so that I will be reminded of them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment