Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Nursing School

Dear Nursing School,

Words cant describe the relationship we have. I have never wanted anything so much but yet hated it at the same time. Once I decided to go to nursing school the path was set and the goal was clear. As I began the process and took the classes I then realized what the Nursing field is like, how hard it is and most importantly how badly I wanted it. Nursing School you seemed like a dream that was so far away from reality. The bumps along the way of finishing my pre-requite courses has been a challenge and tested my desire for Nursing.

Life has never taught me how to deal with challenges. Throughout my life I have managed to get through challenges without running into the wall of defeat. I am stubborn, therefore I never give up. (even when it seems like it is pointless) My last quarter of pre-requistes were the hardest, I was burnt out of Anatomy Physiology, going to my CNA class 5-9pm every day and working every night possible. During this time I learned to manage my time, and prioritize my "To Do List". Despite the challenging and overwhelming nature of the quarter it ended up being the most memorable and rewarding times of my life. The CNA program really harvested my desires to help others in a health care professional atmosphere. This time period is when I knew for certain Nursing School was for me. The excitement and love for Nursing festered inside for the next few months and is the source of comfort when the road towards Nursing has gotten tough.

The CNA program at BCC was my first real-life experience, and I was scared to death the first day. I knew that if I didn't like the CNA program, Nursing would be difficult for me to develop passion towards. We learned a lot of interesting skills and health care knowledge. My favorite aspect of the CNA course was interacting with the patients and being involved in taking care of the patients through vital signs and charts. The Nurses were very helpful in giving me advice and comfort for my tough journey ahead. Nursing isn't the most glamerous work, I did a lot of gross things and suprisingly loved every minute of it. Nursing school I know we are a match made in heaven. It has been a rough road already, I know it is worth every heart ach and tear. You are always in my prayers and I think about you daily.

Love ALWAYS,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment