Monday, September 14, 2009

Change



"The key to change ...is to let go of fear"
"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else"

Lately I have reflected on the change in my life, and these changes directed my gratitude towards Heavenly Father. Change is something I have always been afraid of, but without it life would be at a stand still with no progression or improving. Despite the awkward discomfort of change it is the process of molding and shaping the person you'll become. Fear is the biggest disruption to change. In my Doctrine and Covenants class at BYU the professor illustrated that nothing from the Lord causes fear, those feelings only come from Satan. Fear of change is from Satan trying to prevent the wonderful change from the Lord. I have learned a lot about myself and through change have decided the type of person I want to be, and what I want to stand for. I enjoy being around people and am person that enjoys helping and being there for my friends. I would do anything to make people I love and care for happy. All of these changes in my life are shaping my into the person I want to be, and I couldn't be more grateful for my Heavenly Father for "the climb".

No comments:

Post a Comment