Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today I did a lot of thinking. I thought about where I was 5 years ago (17+ going into my senior year) and where I thought I would be 5 year later. I realized the ONLY thing I was right about was living in Utah. At 17 I saw myself at 22:
-graduated from school with a miraculous degree and "big girl job"
-driving a really nice car that I bought with my salary wage
-dating someone who I wanted to marry
-"sex in the city" mature but with a core group of best girl friends
-have alteady gone to Europe and New York
-have a cute dog that I walk/run with in the mornings
-owning every classy article of clothing from nordstrom

Alright I admit my list is lame, but I really feel discouraged. Why have I let life take control and lose track of the things I really wanted (though I admit some are better off not being completed) Am I too hard on myself? Have I grown up in other ways better than I imagined? Or am I just extremely behind? Maybe the best way to decide is to set some new goals to where I want to be and see myself in 5 years.

In 5 years I will be 27 and:
-married
-graduated with my RN license and a BSN
-comfortable with my weight
-endowed
-enjoy conference (all sessions)
-saving $/buying a house
-off a "college lifestyle" sleeping pattern
-be confident in my cooking
-see my family more often and be sure they know how grateful I am for them/love them

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Great goals for the next 5 years! I love you and wish you all the best!

    Name that movie... "He's got a 5 year plan" ... "What? Don't die?"

    ReplyDelete