Monday, June 6, 2011

  • It is finally sunny here
  • I ordered my Littmann stethoscope last week! :)
  • Tomorrow I am going to yoga <3
  • I am starting to work out again- its about time

We started learning how to do IVs at the end of last semester but never practiced them. My sister in laws dad and brother are both in the healthcare profession and were SO nice and made me try my first IV on them one night at their house. I swear I was shaking and about to cry from fear- but like everything else with nursing you just have to go at it with confidence and it ends up being easier than you feared. (However, IVs are actually just as hard as I imagined) Getting the first time jitters out of the way was helpful. Some people from my program got together and practiced IVs on each other last week (totally a greys anatomy moment- you know when the interns resort to putting epidurals in themselves etc.) and it was SO much fun, I honestly think that knowing it wasnt my first time made it a better experience for me. The more practice I get the more confident I am, and the better I become. No big deal but I got my IV first time ;) School is great and I love every minute of it. Nursing is my passion and I am so grateful I found something I LOVE to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment