Thursday, June 2, 2011

The perfect weekend

Note my HOT MAMA shoes!
Alright once again I have been slacking on my blog (which means I have been busy and having a great time...even more reason to blog right?!)

Last tuesday I got eyelash extensions- advice to ANYONE DO IT! it is worth your $ and is the best thing I have done. My time getting ready is about 15-20 minutes now!! (not exaggerating!) I will admit at first they were a little weird to get used to because they were long and always there but after about a day of being a little self-concious of them I fell in love.

My mom came on Thursday and it was the best weekend EVER! (once again not exaggerating) I had my eyelashes, my mom, shopping, les miserables, yummmmmy food and a certain boy. I honestly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I am so happy with my life.

Thursday I picked my mom up from the airport and we drove down to Alpine to meet up with my Grandparents (who I rarely see because they have been serving missions on and off for 8 years) It was so great to have my mom with me, and to see my grandparents. After we got there we waited for my cousin (who is PREGNANT! congrats KATIE!) and went to a burger place called JCW which had delicious shakes!! Recommendation: chocolate marshmallow (dont judge it before you try it)! :) After a few hours in Alpine with my extended family my mom and I ventured back up to SLC and ate at Red Iguana. Red Iguana is hands down one of my favorite mexican restaurants EVER. I got the mole pablano and was in heaven. After dinner we were SO full and came home and went to bed.

Friday we woke up and I had clinicals and my mom went and got her hair cut. Then around 3 we met up again and went to SLC to Gygi which is an adorable kitchen/home store in SLC. I decided I wanted just about everything in the store (thank goodness I dont have a place for home/kitchen stuff yet or else I might have gone crazy!) After that my mom and I came home and met a certain boy for dinner. This boy seriously is making me SO SO SO happy lately, being around him makes me feel so secure, happy, and warm inside. I really want to spend the rest of my life with him which scares me a little. I am trying to hold back my feelings this time so I dont get hurt. (easier said than done!) He is the sweetest, kind and biggest gentleman I have ever met. He shows me how great a guy can be and what dating should be like, I feel like a princess when I am around him. He tells me how beautiful I am and respects me. Anyways sorry about my sidetracking, we went to Texas Roadhouse which is SO yummy! The only problem with Texas Roadhouse is that the portions are SO big that I can never finish my food (or even close to it!!) It was SO good. My mom loved meeting the guy I am so infatuated with, and could see all of the things I like about him when she met him. It is nice to know that my mom thought he was as amazing as I have described. After dinner he came back to house and played cards and talked with my mom and I.

Saturday my mom and I shopped. It was SO fun. We went to Rodworks (amazing home decor store!), DSW (I got 2 ADORABLE shoes!!), Down East, and a bunch of other stores. It is just fun spending time with my mom. After shopping we went to Zupas (delicious sandwich/soup/salad place) and split the most amazing sandwich and salad. It was perfect. Then we got ready for Les Miserables. We drove down to SLC and ate at Zetajas and had fish tacos. (once again SO YUMMY) I dont even know what to say about Les Miserables. I cried the music is SO moving and I just love EVERYTHING about it. It is my new favorite musical. I love love love love loved it! After Les Miserables the boy came over and hung out with my mom and I again until 2 in the morning which is sweet because he never stays that late. It was nice to see them get along so well- that is a huge thing for me and a requirement in the guy I marry.

Sunday my mom left and I was depressed all day. I got to church early and read conference talks and totally felt the spirit and had a prayer answered. It was a great feeling, but yet I still missed my mom. The weekend was PERFECT!!

Monday I fed the homeless ALL day. (literally!) 7am-5pm! It was a rewarding experience though. It was so sad but yet they were so appreciative and loving. I know it must be hard on them and it made me appreciate my parents and everything they have always done for me. I love doing service. (it always puts me in such a good mood after) thank you school for the opportunity to do service :)

No comments:

Post a Comment