Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Its the end of the semester (almost) and life gets SO crazy. I found some time to blog about some of the things I have been doing lately. 



March 26: I went to the festival of colors for the first time. It was SO much fun- I love going to things that are from other culturesand allow me to see the world in a new way. The temple was beautiful, it was white and pure. We got to go inside the temple and dance, which was such a happy and uplifting way to worship. The colors were all SO beautiful and it was just a beautiful celebration.  Afterwards Aubrey and I went and had lunch. 



Later we both showered (which took us 20 mins to get all the chalk out of our hair) then we crashed and took naps- I woke up to a text from Cambria asking if we wanted to go to the jazz game. Need I say more?! Not only was it a jazz game but they were playing the mavs (my 2 teams!!) We quickly got ready and left for the game. It was so close and the jazz were ACTUALLY winning....until the last 5 mins. Either way I was a happy camper!

Then we met up with Cambria, Chewy and his friends at Iggy's after the game. It was nice to be out and actually have fun being social. 

March 28: I had lunch with Heather in SLC at Blue Lemon. OMG Everyone has told me how amazing it is and it was seriously everything and more. Heather is such a sweet girl and I am really grateful I am her visiting teacher because I really feel like she has become a good friend. 





April 2: Conference for the FIRST time. First time GOING to conference and probably my first time watching a saturday session :) Dont judge me! I loved it. I admit I was so tired from clinicals the night before and woke up cranky but it was such a nice experience and it ended up being my favorite session of conference. I love how they talked about service, being christians and loving people. That is the real message of Jesus and something I work hard to develop. The conference center is BEAUTIFUL and the temple still amazes me EVERY TIME i see it. 

More updates to come soon! Get excited :) 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment