Monday, April 25, 2011

California




A few weekends ago I went to California with my Mom, Dad and Lidia <3 I was home 2.5 weeks earlier but I still missed them so much and it was SO great to see them again. I woke up early Thursday morning and flew out to meet them in CA at the Orange County Airport (which is heavenly to fly in- my tip of advice to any trip to CA) I arrived 15 minutes before they did and it worked out perfectly! Sara surprised me and showed up at the airport! It TOTALLY caught me off guard because I was not expecting that at all. What a good friend. (xoxox love you Sara!) The first day we walked around the beautiful hotel and I worked on hw. It was torture being in CA but having to study so much. We met up with some of my Dad's business friends and their wives were nurses. It was interesting to hear their advice and see how much they really know. It is a little overwhelming to think that I am on that path.

**Note my nauseous look



Friday we woke up early and went to disneyland- the happiest place on earth. I ate a frozen chocolate covered banana with nuts and realized how blessed I really am. Lidia and I went on SO MANY rides, we were blessed with little to NO wait and beautiful weather. The whole week before the forecast was rain- but that didnt discourage avid disney go-ers like Lidia and I, and we reaped the benefits :) We both loved Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Screaming California and Toy Story. Lidia loved all the crazy rides- I think it was mostly because she loved seeing me sick afterwards! I loved spending the day with her and truly love her to pieces. I am so glad she is my sister and one of my favorite people in the world. She knows how to make me laugh, she can be so sweat and she is always thinking of others. We get along SO well. (yes I know she is 8 and that makes me question my maturity but Im ok with that!)


One of the MANY beautiful views from my run <3
Saturday I woke up and did more hw. After a few hours of hw and watching Suite Life with Lidia we got our stuff together and went out to the pool. It was SUCH a nice day out that I even went back into the room and changed into my swim suit. The hotel we stayed at was SO beautiful and relaxing- it MADE the trip. I attempted to study at the pool but got distracted by my ipod, sun, and took a nap :) I went on a run before dinner on this trail that led me to the beach where I took my shoes off and ran on the sand and cherished the peaceful, beautiful moment I had. Later that night Lidia, Mom and I went to Outback with Mary Jo a wife of one of my dad's business associates. It was interesting to talk to her because she has worked as a nurse for 20+ years! (I think its so ironic how I notice all the nurses around me now)

"Im on a boat b***ch"
"I got my swim trunk and my flippy floppys"
View from dinner
Sunday we went on a yacht with some of my dad's business associates- HOLY CRAP! It was SO beautiful. The weather was amazing, the boat was gorgeous and his house on the beach in Huntington we docked at (no big deal right?!) was spectacular. I couldnt get the song "Im on a boat" by TPain out of my head. For those who dont know the song you should youtube it for sure-straight classic. ahaha! He had us picked up in his party bus (that he knows!? again no big deal?!) He had delicious treats on the boat- smoked salmon, wraps, and brownie lollipops (i ate like 5!) Afterwards we all got changed and went to this cute restaurant on the beach called Sand and Surf. I had the MOST AMAZINGGGGGGG ahi tuna. I wake up craving it still. It was so nice to be there for the sunset with my family. I love my family so much and am grateful for the wonderful relationship I have with them. Thank you for loving me- even when I am a stress ball and emotional. You guys are the greatest part of my life and bring me so much happiness. I dont know what I would do without you all. You keep me grounded and keep me in check; I love how you all keep me going and working to become a better person. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment