Monday, January 3, 2011

Sara Heather Keegan Joey and I NYE 2010

Joey and I NYE 2010

I am not a big fan of New Years Eve at all. I think everything about it is overrated....people should set goals all year round (and not once a year- that they forget 2 weeks later!), people should kiss the person they care about any night (not just 12:00 on Jan 1st!) I would rather set goals and lay in bed watching a movie on New Years Eve. Personal feelings aside this year I went to Sara's House to people with a few friends. But before I went to Sara's I went with Michelle and Jordan to get a manicure/pedicure. A spa day was MUCH needed. I also had lunch and got to hang out with Derek and Dante. Dante is such a well trained dog, and so stinking cute :) And like always it was so nice to be around my brother. Him and I have always been so close growing up that he is really more like a friend to me. He is the guy I go to for advice, technical support, venting and any other dilemma in my life. He fixes everything. <3
Sara and I NYE 2010
Today I went to sushi. Sushi is pure happiness for me. I have really been struggling lately at feeling motivated, rested, and overall happy. Its not that anything in my life is way awful or wrong, I just feel uneasy about something...and I'm not even sure what it is. I get this feeling every so often and usually it predicts a trial in my life that really tests my self worth, my ability to be strong, and my faith. For years I have been searching for something I lost in myself, and I have been able to get most of the pieces in my life back together but I still feel like there are a few things missing. I have been praying to figure out how I can better myself and rise above the trials, mistakes and heart aches in my life. Lately I have been struggling with the past mistakes in my life and the person I was a few years ago. It was such a rough few years where I felt so lost and confused.The best way I can describe it was a tornado: I didnt know where I was, what was going or where I was going. I went where the wind blew and didnt really think much about anything. 

It is so true that "if you dont stand for something you'll fall for anything" -Malcom X

But with everything the fall is always faster and acute than the recovery. I will get back to where I was...and better. It will just take more time. Until then I can only keep focusing on myself and becoming a better person. I still have a LONG way to go before I've become the person I want to be. Soon I will look back and be grateful for all I have been through for making me a stronger person. I am grateful for the friends I have that have supported me in my life and making my decisions in my life. They have really been there for me and showed me what it means to be a true friend. I love you all and am grateful for the support youve shown me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment