Wednesday, October 14, 2009



So yesterday I had a very productive day! I went to Cold Stone Creamery to pick up ice cream cupcakes for Tatum's birthday celebration at work, and they turned out SO cute! I splurged and ate the cake batter cupcake and it was DIVINE, really it's one wonderful secret. We all enjoyed the ICECREAM cupcakes in the terrential down pour/wind storm! (**I forgot about the wind storms here in WA)

At work the wind was blowing so hard that the power went out!! How do you work in a restaurant without power? GREAT QUESTION! You really can't. We couldn't legally serve food, or any drinks (**including water!!) and I had to wait until the Regional Manager called back to release us from work and tell us to go home. However, he didn't ever call back so we sat, in the silent. I have to admit after I got over the odd feelings of the quiet restaurant I began to enjoy my time in a calm (**relatively speaking!) and quiet setting. After about 2 hours the power returned!

I really then realized how in life we take for granted SO many things. (ie-POWER!) I was reminded of the show after Conference about the light in Ghana. :) It was a documentary about how BYU engineering students created a toy that would generate energy, and store it in a generator. This generator was then used to charge flash lights, and LED light lanterns that allowed the students in Ghana to study in the dark. Many believed these few extra hours of study time will give so many more opportunities to the people of the school. It was so moving. In life we take advantage of living in such privilege, I don't think twice before I turn on my running hot water for a shower, or turning on the light switch. Getting in my car for a quick drive to pick something up at the grocery store is a daily routine that is easily taken for granted! This week I am going to try to remember to turn off my lights, shorten my shower and be grateful for the privileged life I live.

After work I went to get my Halloween costume, and was very discouraged...This year I am trying to go for more CLASSY and less TRASHY. (**I don't think the costume creators understand the difference!) I want to be an Indian this year but the costumes at the store are definitely something Pocahontas would NOT wear. Ugh! After being discouraged I went to Relief Society "Terrific Tuesday" activity with my mom. :) ahahahah! It was a night full of arts and crafts which was exactly what I have been needing in my life. I made a great cook book for recipes and a bulletin board. Thank goodness for Relief Society!! <3 I then went to the gym and ran my heart out! 50 minutes (thanks to UW volleyball team for dragging the game against Standford out....I couldn't get myself to stop running until it was over!)

This morning I worked on my online math (**YUCK!) I have been totally slacking on being proactive and working on the group project.
I then continued my artsy mood and started my project of making flower head bands. SUPER CUTE! Tonight I am having dinner with my "Big Sister" <3 I am so excited to see her and get the much needed sisterly advice. :)

Wish me luck with my math hw...

Love always,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment