Thursday, October 15, 2009





Exhausting. Everything about this week was exhausting!!

Right when I felt like I have gained control of my emotions life throws me a curve ball. Its like God is sending a final to test and see how well I've really learned my lesson and learned to control my emotions. This week I was contacted by 2 people I loved and was hurt greatly by. Its weird how you forget how important someone is, until they are back in your life and filling a role in your life you didn't realize was empty. I pride myself on being a very understanding and forgiving person, which often leads me to be hurt and "walked all over", but its moments like this week when I appreciate my ability to forgive and let people back into my life. Friendship is hard to find and should be cherished, and not thrown away at the first chance. (**But it also makes me REALLY appreciate and love my friends that are ALWAYS there for me. I think I have a few of the worlds most amazing people as friends.)


This week I was in awe and wonder at the beauty of the world (**more specifically my dear Maple Valley) It is fall season here in the beautiful northwest, which means leaves are changing and falling. It is probably one of the most beautiful experiences to witness, the leaves turn the most beautiful orange/red and glitter on the roads. I took a picture of a beautiful tree near my house, that captures the beauty of fall. There were thunder and lightening storms all week which made for the prime hot chocolate, fireplace and slippers mood. I forgot the wind storms, and thunder/lightening storms when I remembered winters in Maple Valley when I was in Provo complaining about the snow. I still would take the winters here in Maple Valley over the Provo snow ANY DAY! :) After all the storms and rain, I was driving and found this BEAUTIFUL rainbow. The picture doesnt even do it justice. It was after a longgggggggg day of work (**typical complaint I know!) and I was really thinking about myself, friendships, love, god, and my testimony and (ofcourse) nursing and turned the corner to this beautiful, vibrant rainbow. It reminded me of God's promise to never flood the earth like he did to Noah. (phewf! I worry sometimes about that!) It gave me a little more of a warm fuzzy feeling than just a convenient to not flood the earth. I felt it was a little sign from God that he is looking out for me, knows and remembers my purpose and remind me of my plans in life. I probably am reading too much into a silly rainbow but I know I felt such an amazing warm feeling that gave me such comfort. My life has so much left ahead of it <3


Oh I also went to my FIRST seahawks game today, we lost. bad! 3-27 but I am convinced it was one of my best memories! I called in sick :) (**DONT TELL!) Life seems to really be getting a little better each day, I can say that I am happy and its not a struggle or due to me making and effort to find happiness.

Love always,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment