Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lately things have been CRAZY! Sorry I haven't been up for blogging at all, I find it the hardest to blog when I don't even know how to express my feelings. I think that is the time when blogging is the most helpful, there's something SO therapeutic about witting your true feelings.

Last week was a really crazy emotional week. I knew that the test was really stressing me out but I didn't realize how many petty stressers I have in my life as well. I really learned how to focus- and not let anything keep me from getting what I want. There's a Miley Cyrus song called Dont Walk Away: It is so perfect and sums up the beginning of my week.
"I've been runnin in circles all day long
I'm out of breath but I'm still going strong
I'm gonna get'cha yeah no matter what they say
You think I'm losing but I always get my way"
I realized that people love to see you fall, they love to think they are the most important part of your life. You think I'm losing but I ALWAYS get my way." <3

I turned my cell phone off on Wednesday- to help me focus! After I got to Utah I went to my Aunt's house and stand studied for a few hours and then went to bed! I woke up nervous but feeling a little anxious, and ready to get it over with. I kept telling myself this test was just the way to show how hard I've worked let me SHINE! I drove to the school and got there early (thank goodness!) and did a few things like paying fees, and signing in for 20 minutes and then had another 20 minutes to calm my nervous and regroup before I started the test. I don't think I have ever felt so calm walking into take a test before.

After the test- which was 5 hours (+1 hour essay portion) and BRUTAL, I went to Cafe Rio. Which if you know ANYTHING about me this is heaven on earth (well tied with nordstrom!) I felt SO brain dead and honestly think if anyone asked me what my name was, I wouldnt even know how to answer it. I took the Cafe Rio back to my aunts house, ate, and crashed!

The next day I woke up and got ready for Steph's bridal shower <3 I absolutely love the entire Holt family, it was SUCH a blessing and miracle that Brit and Suzanne were there that same weekend. The shower was nice and had lots of great food to tempt me. I gave in and had a piece of coconut cream pie-omg and it was WORTH everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bite! :)

After the bridal shower I drove out to Provo, I was able to see a few friends from Fall for a little while and then went to meet up with old friends from MV. It was SO much fun seeing Lindsay (and Nate). We went to Inn-n-Out which was divine. It totally reminded me of California beach outings when I was little. After a longggg night I went home and crashed.

The trip was really nice and rejuvenating. I really felt like my growth and progress really came full circle on the trip. I am so grateful for all my wonderful friends and family that have supported me. I love you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment