Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately...I have noticed when I have a lot on my mind I don't blog (which is probably when it would be the most beneficial) Here's the update in my life. 

I went home for the holidays, and it was SO nice to see my family and be around my hometown. There is something magical about Maple Valley that makes me feel smart, confident, and every other good feeling. I love coming home and knowing the subzero refrigerator is FULL of food, my parents will be working on a house project, and that I will go to Trappers Sushi AT LEAST once. Home is a feeling for me- its a rooting and regrouping. I always leave feeling recharged, and back to myself and my true self. When I got home it was SNOWY (which is SO rare!), painters were painting our house, I made/ate pies, watched football and was lazy for an entire week. However if you know me being lazy for an entire week doesn't really work out well for me. I get so anxious for the 1023048230948 things I have to do. After a couple days I started getting fidgety and really anxious- I have 3 finals coming up in my nursing class and was worried about them. So despite how wonderful my family/home is I knew I needed to get home and study. It was a total buzz kill for my vacation. (Thank GOODNESS I'll be going back in 17 days) 

Now that I am back from home things have been anything but perfect.

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.” ♥

I have had finals like crazy and most of them have been test that require me getting 80% or better or else I get DROPPED from the program. No pressure right!? I love nursing school don't get me wrong- but I honestly feel like I am emotional and stressed because of it. It has made me become a nervous wreck. That is the main reason of my blog today. I want to feel like I have a handle on my life, emotions and my future. Update: I passed my first final and have another one today!

Life has been SO magical lately up until Thanksgiving break. I am SO happy with who I have become lately, and was spending time with one of the MOST amazing people I have met. They made sure I knew I was beautiful, smart and could do anything. They put up with my emotional roller coaster ride of nursing school. They most importantly taught me to never settle, and that I deserve someone like this in my life. Not having this person in my life anymore will be hard, uncomfortable and weird but I know I will be ok. I appreciate everything they did for me and all the times they listened to me complain and stress out. You are ONE-OF-A-KIND <3

Things to look forward to about Christmas season:
-Watch Elf
-Look at Christmas Lights
-Drink hot cocoa
-Decorate gingerbread houses
-Temple Square Christmas Lights
-Going home for Christmas
-The Cabin/Snowmobiles/Fireplace during the break
-Being done with finals
-See The Nutcracker in theater

Thank goodness for the holiday season. Tis the season....

No comments:

Post a Comment