Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 1


Day 1


I didn't realize how much I hate flying until December 1, 2009 (***even if it is to Maui)

My alarm was set 3x for 5:45am 5:50am and 5:55am (**due to my ability to sleep thru and silence my alarm I decided the trio would be a give greater chance of waking up) Once I wake up I attempt to get ready, which at this time of the "morning" is near impossible! My Dad the expert traveler he is runs around the house making sure we have everything/have everything done to leave the house. (**the stuff my mom and I do the night before but we don't bother telling him that) One the airplane I learned how much I appreciate Alaska Airlines; Michael, Ami, BRADEN (**almost 2 yrs old) Derek, Kait and I all flew Hawaiian Air. Derek and Kaits luggage got lost in Honolulu, theres NO leg room, lame movie and the food was NASTYY! So disappointent! However, I entertained myself by watching the videos on my iPhone and read some of my book.

Once we got to Maui I got a sudden feeling of relaxation. There's something about that little airport on Maui that bring a smile to my face. As tradition we got our fresh flower leis and ventured to costco to stock up on pool side snacks.

We got to the hotel and i quickly remembered why Maui is heaven on earth:
1. Pinneapple infused water
2. Comfy beds
3. Christmas decorations everywhere (**even though it's 85+ degrees outside)
4. The poolS
5. The view from our balcony
(**the list is endless)

We got settled and put our swim suits on and headed to the pool slides :) After a few hours by the pool I got ready for dinner and made way to Jaws.

Jaws has the WORLD'S greatest fish tacos! With their simple menu they offer a salsa bar (**which is heaven for "dippers" like myself) with over 10 different types of salsa! I ordered the Mahi Mahi fish tacos and enjoyed my little piece of heaven on earth.

After dinner we were ALL exhausted from traveling and the 2 hour difference. I went to my room and continued my book "the choice" by Nicholas Sparks.

I PASSED out....slept like a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment